Parent Volunteer Programme
Xinmin Primary School Parent Volunteer Scheme for 2020 Primary One Registration Exercise
(Admission in Year 2021)
Registration Period: Opens 1 February 2019 till 31 March 2019
(Please note that applications received after the stipulated closing date will be rejected)
Eligibility: Applicable for children born between 2 Jan 2014 to 1 Jan 2015 (both dates inclusive) only, and
The child to be registered during approved Phase 2B Registration Exercise must be a Singaporean or Permanent Resident
- Parents who are interested in applying as Parent Volunteers need to fill out the application form at the General Office during office hours, Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 5pm
- Successful applicants will be notified by post by the end of April 2019 and will be invited for a briefing session.
- Should you be selected and your child successfully registered in the P1 Registration Exercise, the school is looking forward to having you as our long term key stakeholder. It would be long term partnership with you as our parents. Hence, we seek your understanding to continue to support the school even if you have fulfilled the minimum requirement of 40 voluntary hours in the event that the school requires your continued assistance.
- Parents who are accepted as Parent Volunteers will start contributing their voluntary hours one year before the start of the Primary One Registration Exercise. Kindly note that activities are conducted during school hours.
- Parent volunteers are responsible for the completion of 40 hours of voluntary work to be eligible for Phase 2B of the Primary One Registration Exercise. Should the number of applications exceed the number of places available for this phase, the school will need to conduct balloting. Singapore citizens will be admitted first ahead of PRs, before home-school distance is considered.
- Children living within 1 km from the school.
- Children living between 1- 2 km from the school
- Children living outside 2 km from the school
- Required Supporting documents for PV application:
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Copy of both parents’ NRIC
- Recent coloured photograph of both parents (IC/Passport size)
- For more information on the Primary One Registration process, please visit Primary One Registration Website. To verify the home-school distance, please refer to the One Map School Query Service managed by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA).
- Please note that the residential address indicated in this application form would be used for registration during the Primary One Registration Exercise. Kindly update the school if there is any change to your residential address.
- PV scheme does not guarantee a place in the school but accords only an eligibility to register in Phase 2B.