Discipline and Student Leadership
2019 Discipline & Student Leadership Department
|Mrs Joycelyn Soo (HOD Discipline)|
|Mdm Sim Choy Yin||Mdm Rosnani||Mrs Junari|
|Mrs Shanmugam||Ms Li Wen Ting||Mrs Mahandra|
|Mdm Siti Fahimah||Mrs Lim-Siew Wai Mun||Mdm Malini|
|Mrs Chia Soo Ying||Mr Lim Beng Liang||Mr Gary Tang|
|Mr Ismail Bin Hashim||Ms Priscilla Wong||Mrs Ng Marn Peng|
|Ms Teh Swee Sing||Mdm Shubashini|
Every Xinminite, a self-disciplined and morally upright individual, ready to serve and lead others.
Building Self-discipline in Every Student.
In Xinmin Primary School, every child is a STAR.
S – Exercise Self-discipline
T – Demonstrate Thoughtfulness for others
A – Display positive Attitude
R – Take Responsibility for his/her own action
Grounded by our school philosophy ‘Building Positive Relationship’, we use various platforms to create a whole school approach that encourages positive school ethos and climate in which there is a culture of care, respect, trust, strong teacher-student relationship and student-student relationship.
Our Customised Programmes :
- Watch Your Step :
– Students return to their classroom without the supervision of their teachers after recess and before the start of their CCAs and extra lessons.
- GOTCHA :
– Students who display unacceptable behaviours when their teacher is not with them will be issued Gotcha slip. Their form teacher will speak to the class and discuss ways to prevent such unacceptable behaviour from happening again.
Classes that received less than 4 GOTCHA slips per term are rewarded with treats and items that promote class bonding.
- Catch Me Good
– Students who show act of kindness such as helping those in need and demonstrating care to the people around them will be recognised with a signature on their Catch Me Good card by the school staff. Upon receiving 5 signatures, students can redeem for a stationery that they need at the redemption booth at the end of every month. Upon completion of the Catch Me Good card, they can exchange for a ticket to Character Cove.
- A trip to Character Cove
– Students who have done well, behaved well and done the school proud will be given a ticket to Character Cove. They can play board games and games on console and tablet such as Xbox, PS4 and Ipad. They can also use the art and craft material provided in the room or have a football match at the Futsal table with their schoolmates.
- Students’ Voices
– We believe that students’ voices are important as it increases students’ sense of belonging in school. Students can share their thoughts on topics of concern or interest to them. Suggestions taken up and/or rejected by the school will be shared with the students during pre-assembly.
Every Student, A Leader of Character
Nurturing the Leadership Potential in Every Student
In Xinmin Primary School, we view all students as potential leaders. Through our Student Leadership Development Programme, we aim to develop our students as effective leaders. The Student Leadership Development Programme is designed to equip our student leaders with the 21st century competencies, thereby providing ample opportunities for them to be involved and developed as leaders.
We envision all students to Leaders of Character. They are able to lead self, lead others, lead the school and lead the community in word and deed which is in alignment to our school motto, grounded on values.
Through our Student Leadership Programme, we nurture Xinminites to be good role models who are equipped with motivational and organisational skills to face the challenges of an uncertain and a volatile world.
Our Customised Student Leadership Programmes :
- Group Leader training
- Generic Training
- Specialised Training
- Prefects Training
- Cyber Wellness Ambassadors Training
- CCE Ambassadors Training
- Student Leaders Dialogue Session
- Spot the Leaders Workshop
- Training camps and workshops in collaborations with stakeholders and partners.